General Power of Attorney (England & Wales)
This document lets you temporarily grant someone the authority to deal with your financial affairs.
This may be useful if, for example, you are out of the country for an extended period and need someone to manage your affairs while you are away. General Power of Attorney is not suitable if you need someone to manage your affairs after you have lost the mental capacity to do so. In this case you should use our Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) – Health and Welfare or Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) – Property and Financial Affairs.
There is no need to register a General Power of Attorney.
This document is suitable for use in England and Wales only.
Self Service & Expert Legal Review
- Draft your document online by answering a series of simple questions
- Online explanation and guidance notes
- Telephone and email support
- Secure online document transfer to our Wills Specialists for legal review
- Notification when your document has been reviewed and is ready for printing
|General Power of Attorney (England & Wales)||
|Create an online document|
|Guidance notes provided|
|Save your document & finish it later|
|Expert Legal Review|
|Check for contradictions or duplications|
|Support from our legal team|
Want to preview this document before purchasing?
Which? Wills offers products for complete peace of mind See our full range of products
* The legal review involves our wills specialists reviewing the answers you provided when completing your document questionnaire. It provides comfort that if you properly execute or sign your document it will comply with legal formalities and meet the requirements you specified.