Lasting Power of Attorney - Property and Financial Affairs
This document allows you to nominate up to six people and/or a trust corporation to be your attorneys and make decisions about your property and financial affairs in the event that you can no longer do so yourself. You can also set restrictions and leave guidance on what decisions they can make.
To become legally binding this document must be registered with the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG), and the registration forms you need to do this are included with your Property and Financial Affairs Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).
A separate fee will be payable to the Office of the Public Guardian. You can find details of the fees payable on their website.
Once registered, your attorneys can begin acting on your behalf. It is possible to include a condition that the LPA should not be used until you have lost the capacity to make decisions.
This pack includes:
- LP1F Lasting Power of Attorney for property and financial affairs (COMPLETE FIRST)
- LP1F Registration sections
- LP3 Notice of intention to register a Lasting Power of Attorney
Self Service & Expert Legal Review
- Draft your document online by answering a series of simple questions
- Online explanation and guidance notes
- Telephone and email support
- Secure online document transfer to our Wills Specialists for legal review
- Notification when your document has been reviewed and is ready for printing
Included in this service:
You will need to register this document with the Office of the Public Guardian, who will charge a fee for this.
This document can only be used in England or Wales.
|Lasting Power of Attorney - Property and Financial Affairs||
|Create an online document|
|Guidance notes provided|
|Save your document & finish it later|
|Expert Legal Review|
|Check for contradictions or duplications|
|Support from our legal team|
Want to preview this document before purchasing?
Add these products to your will for complete peace of mind
A will ensures your estate and assets are correctly distributed
Optionally, state your funeral wishes, personal items and Guardians
After writing a will, it's vital that you store it in a safe place
Registering your will helps it to be found after your death
Need to find a will? Use our wills search service to quickly locate it
* The legal review involves our wills specialists reviewing the answers you provided when completing your document questionnaire. It provides comfort that if you properly execute or sign your document it will comply with legal formalities and meet the requirements you specified.