Living Will (Scotland)
You can use this document to create a ‘Living Will’. A Living Will is used to express your wishes in relation to medical treatment options. The document contains both advance statements and/or advance directives.
- An advance statement is a statement of what mental health treatment you would or would not like to receive in the event of future incapacity as a result of mental illness.
- An advance directive is a general statement of your views and wishes. It allows you to state your preferences and indicate what treatment or care you would like to receive should you, in the future, be unable to decide or communicate your wishes for yourself. It can include non-medical things such as your food preferences (e.g. due to religious beliefs) or whether you would prefer a bath to a shower.
In Scotland the position with respect to Advance Directives is uncertain as there is no law that makes them legally binding. While there is no guarantee that they would have effect, they might be very persuasive and you may still want to make one to leave a record of your wishes to guide those deciding upon your care.
This document is suitable for use in Scotland only.
Self Service & Expert Legal Review
- Draft your document online by answering a series of simple questions
- Online explanation and guidance notes
- Telephone and email support
- Secure online document transfer to our Wills Specialists for legal review
- Notification when your document has been reviewed and is ready for printing
|Living Will (Scotland)||
|Create an online document|
|Guidance notes provided|
|Save your document & finish it later|
|Expert Legal Review|
|Check for contradictions or duplications|
|Support from our legal team|
Add these products to your will for complete peace of mind
A will ensures your estate and assets are correctly distributed
Optionally, state your funeral wishes, personal items and Guardians
After writing a will, it's vital that you store it in a safe place
Registering your will helps it to be found after your death
Need to find a will? Use our wills search service to quickly locate it
* The legal review involves our wills specialists reviewing the answers you provided when completing your document questionnaire. It provides comfort that if you properly execute or sign your document it will comply with legal formalities and meet the requirements you specified.