You can use this document to create a Living Will. A Living Will is used to advise your friends, family and medical professionals caring for you of your wishes regarding your healthcare if you become seriously ill and lose mental capacity. The document contains both advance statements and advance directives.
An advance statement lets you say what type of care you want if you are not able to make decisions or communicate. You can say where you would like to be cared for, the type of food you prefer or if you have religious or spiritual beliefs that should be observed in your care.
An advance decision (sometimes called an advance directive) lets you state which types of treatment you do not want to receive. It is used only if you lose the capacity to make decisions for yourself.
An advance decision cannot be used to request illegal acts, such as ending your life through euthanasia, or demand care considered inappropriate by your healthcare team.
This document is suitable for use in England, Wales and Northern Ireland only.
Self Service & Expert Legal Review
- Draft your document online by answering a series of simple questions
- Online explanation and guidance notes
- Telephone and email support
- Secure online document transfer to our Wills Specialists for legal review
- Notification when your document has been reviewed and is ready for printing
|Create an online document|
|Guidance notes provided|
|Save your document & finish it later|
|Expert Legal Review|
|Check for contradictions or duplications|
|Support from our legal team|
Want to preview this document before purchasing?
Add these products to your will for complete peace of mind
A will ensures your estate and assets are correctly distributed
Optionally, state your funeral wishes, personal items and Guardians
After writing a will, it's vital that you store it in a safe place
Registering your will helps it to be found after your death
Need to find a will? Use our wills search service to quickly locate it
* The legal review involves our wills specialists reviewing the answers you provided when completing your document questionnaire. It provides comfort that if you properly execute or sign your document it will comply with legal formalities and meet the requirements you specified.