Lasting Power of Attorney - Health and Welfare
This document allows you to nominate up to six people to act as your attorney(s) and make decisions about your health and social welfare in the event that you can no longer do so yourself. You can also set restrictions and leave guidance on what decisions they can make.
Once completed, this document must be registered with the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) before it can be used, and the registration forms you need to do this are included with your Health and Welfare Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).
A separate fee will be payable to the Office of the Public Guardian. You can find details of the fees payable on their website.
Your attorney(s) will only be able to act when you lack the capacity to do so yourself, for example, if you are ill, unconscious or because of the onset of a condition such as dementia.
This pack includes:
- LP1H Lasting Power of Attorney for health and welfare (COMPLETE FIRST)
- LP1H Registration sections
- LP3 Notice of intention to register a Lasting Power of Attorney
Self Service & Legal Review
- Draft your document online by answering a series of simple questions
- Online explanation and guidance notes
- Telephone and email support
- Secure online document transfer to our Wills Specialists for legal review
- Notification when your document has been reviewed and is ready for printing
Included in this service:
You will need to register this document with the Office of the Public Guardian, who will charge a fee for this.
This document can only be used in England or Wales.
|Lasting Power of Attorney - Health and Welfare||
|Create an online document|
|Guidance notes provided|
|Save your document & finish it later|
|Check for contradictions or duplications|
|Support from our legal team|
Want to preview this document before purchasing?
Which? Wills offers products for complete peace of mind See our full range of products
* The legal review involves our wills specialists reviewing the answers you provided when completing your document questionnaire. It provides comfort that if you properly execute or sign your document it will comply with legal formalities and meet the requirements you specified.